Today is the day we have all been waiting for…the first day of spring!!! Spring has a refreshing and reassuring sense of renewal. With spring comes the budding of tulips and daisies; rainstorm puddle jumping adventures; and the best of them all, the celebration of the birth of me (and yes, I have already begun my plans for my birthday next month, so stay tuned), but I digress.
My Eclectic Chic™ readers are from all over the world. From the USA to the UK, to Barbados, India, Malaysia, Ireland, Switzerland, Botswana and the list goes on and on. What has the day been like where you are from? Are you enjoying the crisp, spring air and blooming flowers today? Here in the mitten, the weather is very, very cold. I have caught myself doing double takes while checking the date in my planner. It is the first day of spring, right? This led me to the thought that today would be the perfect day to launch my first Travel Tuesday blog post. Hopefully this recap of my trip to Tampa will brighten your day and send some sunshine your way.
Palm trees, Ocean Breeze, Salty Air, Sun Kissed Hair
For my new Eclectic Chic readers, you might not know that aside from modeling and practicing psychotherapy in the mental health field, I also travel with the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) as a product specialist. This is my second season with the NAIAS, and I could not be happier. I am able to travel the country, and share my product knowledge on the latest and greatest features of stunning cars. I love my job!
In my California Dreamin’…First Auto Show of the Season in Anaheim blog post, I shared that my auto show schedule this season granted me with many cities that have warm, tropical weather. Yay!! Tampa was one of my top 3 requested cities, and traveling here during the auto show season was truly the cherry on top of the cake.
Life’s Better Poolside
This was one of the best cities to kickstart the season with. During my time off, I spent my time beside this magnificent pool. Daytime lounging by the pool. Nighttime seafood dinners by the pier… and did I mention that the hotel had a mind-blowing omelette bar and many other eclectic assortments of food? Ahhhh. This is the life!
- Bottle of water to stay hydrated, cool and refreshed.
- A good read. For this trip, I went to the library and checked out Letters to a Young Therapist: Stories of Hope and Healing by Mary Pipher (I will be doing a review on this book in a future post).
- A bold colored sarong to add some life and fun to the lounging experience and setting.
- Newest issue of Essence magazine. Check out our girl Mary on the cover! Hey covergirl!
- Sunscreen. I repeat. Sunscreen. It is a myth that people of color do not burn in the sun. As someone who has brown, melanated skin; and also burns if I do not apply sunscreen, I can bust this myth using deductive reasoning. Save yourself the pain and headache of a sunburn, and try using a sunscreen with an SPF of 50+.
- Fluffy towel to dry off at the end of a perfect pool day.https://eclecticchic.liajamerson.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/6df44ed7-6ba1-4172-88b5-a9ded37755ed.mov
I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post and it brought some warmth into your day! Have you been to Tampa before? Share your favorite sites to see while in Tampa. Also, share your favorite spring break destinations, both domestic and international, in the comments below. Happy Travel Tuesday!